Linden Lab buys XStreetSL and onREZ shopping sites

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

As some of you may have read this morning LL announced that it acquired both of the largest web based SL shopping sites. To read the full blog entry go here:
XStreet and OnRez to Join Linden Lab!

There's a lot of speculation and angst around this piece of news. I personally do not have a formed opinion yet. I am relatively uneasy with this development but not panicked and/or angry.

As some of you know I have a modest store in XStreet (Access my store by clicking here). I never established a service with OnRez mostly because I did not have the time to maintain two separate online stores.

I want to tell you all that I intend to keep my online store in XStreet. Even before this announcement was made, my plan was to shift several of my older furniture pieces to sell directly and exclusively out of XStreet while displaying more of the recent works in my in world store on Mission Home Store Sim. This decision still stands.

I will send an update when I get a chance to move the older items to the XStreet store.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

0 comments: